I finally got around to finishing up these socks last night:
wild looking pooling isn't it? I tried something different with these. Angela was saying that the socks I have been making for her have been falling down (I only use a 5 1/2" leg) and that they are tight around the ball of her foot. Now, I've been knitting socks for both girls for 4 years now and this is the first time she has said anything. But, anyway, I tried something a little diferent. I cast on 64 stitches, did a 1 x 1 rib for 1 1/2", then 5 1/2" total leg and the slip stitch heel on size 2.25 mm dps. I changed to 2.50 mm dps for the length of the foot. We'll see how these do for her.
I'm using handpainted Ambrosia yarn (70%alpaca, 20% silk and 10% cashmere) by Knit One Crochet Too in the colorway Turkish Rug, which is shades of red, green, gold, purple on a dark green background. It's a very pretty yarn, but as I said before, I'm not too crazy about the pooling at the instep. I failed to look at the yardage on the labels, but I don't believe there was as much yarn per skein as I normally get. I almost ran out of yarn--just made it by the skin of my teeth.
Now I have to finish up the mystery socks and Wendy's Halcyon socks. I also am still working on Ariann for myself and the Wonderful Wallby for Nathan. We're leaving early next week to take John, Maggie, Alicia, and Ryan to Disney World for Thanksgiving. This is their Christmas present for this year. I'm trying to gather up knitting projects to take along. Will probably start a plain basic sock to knit while traveling---not much thinking to do with those. I'll have to get some yarn wound up.
Hope you've had a great weekend.